Wednesday, November 23, 2011

30 Days of Books, Day 29.

[A book everyone hated but you liked.]


I'm sure plenty of people actually adore this play (shush, it's the only one I can think of, and it's in book format so I'm technically not cheating). I remember in Year 9 English having to read this play and most everyone howling at it. 
Daniela is in Year 9 now, and just stared at me, eyebrows raised, when I got excited that she had to read it.
Daniela: "Tash. It's lame."
Me: "How can you even say that? It's amazing. It's hunting. For witches."
Daniela: "..."
Me: "And there are so many techniques! So many!"
Daniela: "I don't even know how you get excited over 'so many techniques'."
Me: "The communism thing, Daniela! How does that not interest you?"
Daniela: "Ugh. Give me algebra any day."
Me: "How are we related?"
Daniela: "I don't even know."
Me: "It's completely relevant today!"
Daniela: "Where are the witches?"
Me: "... oh gosh, you've never even listened to Bloc Party. Never mind that I gave you all their music."
Daniela: "You said it yourself. You listen to whiny guitar music."
Me: "Bloc Party - oh, I give up. Want to watch Johnny Depp?"
Daniela: "Yes."



No comments:

Post a Comment