Wednesday, November 23, 2011

30 Days of Books, Day 28.

[Favorite title.]


(Yes. I am getting all of these finished.)


The title is poetic, and the rhythm in it is beautiful. When you close your eyes - I don't know about you, but when I close my eyes and imagine this, it's peaceful, beautiful. Like another time.
The wind becomes more alive than before when I imagine this. Rather than knowing it exists by faith, you see it gently settling on cobbled streets, watch its shadow take different forms as it whistles through windows and around the people walking. It's alive, and it has somewhere to go, something to do. Another person on a journey.


La Sombra del Viento, in Spanish.
I can't explain why I love that so much beyond the usual reasons I love Spanish - the passion in the words, the beauty that English lacks upon occasion. The rhythm is different, has different pulses.


Also, I love the covers for this book.






No comments:

Post a Comment