Saturday, January 26, 2013

Book Week: Favourite books for girls and boys

Okay, I didn't post yesterday. A deliberate choice, actually, and sort of a protest against separating books for girls and for boys.
Yeah, I get that many books are catered towards either gender, but I personally don't think that it's a good thing. I've decided, therefore, to do my favourite books for girls and boys, in the young adult (mid/late high school) category.

Because I feel bad, and because I just finished celebrating Australia Day with my family, I begged Daniela to contribute her favourite books as well.  Alexis gave me some honourable mentions (her favourites overlapped with Daniela's and mine).

Tomorrow, Katerina and Tamara give me some of their favourites (let's just say I'm not exactly reading many children's books now).


Clockwise, from top left:
Looking for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta)
How I Live Now (Meg Rosoff)
Gallagher Girls (Ally Carter)
The Name of the Star (Maureen Johnson)
Gemma Doyle Trilogy (Libba Bray) 
Chaos Walking Trilogy (Patrick Ness)


Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants Series - now called 'Summers of the Sisterhood' (Ann Brashares)

***

Clockwise, from top left:


Maximum Ride Series (James Patterson)


A Series of Unfortunate Events Series (Lemony Snickett)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky)



No comments:

Post a Comment